Coyote Ridge Project
Coyote Ridge Project has great wind resource potential and is moving through development phases with a goal to have a wind farm constructed and generating energy by 2015. This region has also been recognized with world class wind potential.
Coyote Ridge project makes use of both the high ridge tops of land directly north and west of the Milk River Ridge, and additionally the land sloping from the ridges.
- Land base: 46,000 acres south and east of Lethbridge, AB, on the western end of the Milk River Ridge, in southern Alberta. The Milk River Ridge overlooks thousands of acres of pasture and grain land, south to the US border.
- Potential Wind Farm Size: up to 500 MW
- Four wind monitoring towers collecting data for over 5 years
- A Wind Resource Assessment Study provided Shear Wind confirmation of the great resource available in this project area.
- Application to Alberta Electric System Operator for access to transmission has been completed, with system studies in progress.
- Market in Alberta is deregulated. Ability to take advantage of hourly market pricing.
|View Detailed Stock Information|
Shear Wind News
Shear Wind Announces Agreement for Acquisition by Sprott Power
August 8, 2012
> Read Complete Press Release
Shear Wind Receives Order to Extend Annual General Meeting Date
May 24, 2012
Shear Wind Announces Approval on Environmental Assessment of Willowridge Alberta
April 11, 2012
Shear Wind Announces Approval on Environmental Assessment of Glen Dhu South
March 21, 2012