Willowridge Project is located close to three existing wind farms in southern Alberta and is in a well-known wind regime. The project's land base lies in a region known as The Blue Trail, and is primarily cultivated farm land which slopes gently from a ridge top down towards the Belly River, and is between the Peigan Indian Reserve and the Blood Indian Reserve. Results from the Wind Resource Assessment Report confirm excellent wind capacity and possible generation potential.
- Land base: 10,000 acres south of Ft. Macleod, AB
- Potential Wind Farm Size: 100MW
- Three monitoring towers have been installed with over five years of collected data.
- Market in Alberta is deregulated with the ability to take advantage of hourly market pricing
- Transmission access has been confirmed on an 240kV line running adjacent to the project site.
|View Detailed Stock Information|
Shear Wind News
Shear Wind Announces Agreement for Acquisition by Sprott Power
August 8, 2012
> Read Complete Press Release
Shear Wind Receives Order to Extend Annual General Meeting Date
May 24, 2012
Shear Wind Announces Approval on Environmental Assessment of Willowridge Alberta
April 11, 2012
Shear Wind Announces Approval on Environmental Assessment of Glen Dhu South
March 21, 2012