Glen Dhu I Project
Glen Dhu I
Fully commissioned by March 31, 2011, the 62.1 MW Glen Dhu Wind Farm is operational and at present, is the largest wind farm in Nova Scotia. The Wind Farm produces enough power for approximately 18,000 homes and has a signed Power Purchase Agreement for 20 years with Nova Scotia Power Inc.
The Glen Dhu project consists of a total of 27 ENERCON E-82, 2.3MW wind turbines. Shear Wind owns 51% of Glen Dhu Wind Energy Limited Partnership and Inveravante Inversiones Universales, S.L., through Genera Avante Holdings Canada Inc., owns 49%.
- Land base: 6,000 acres East of New Glasgow, N.S. Average elevation is 250m.
- Potential Wind Farm Size: A total of 230 MW
- Wind monitoring data indicates an above average wind resource. Wind Resource Assessment completed indicating excellent results for capacity, long term projections, and potential electricity generation.
- Three monitoring towers continue to collect wind data for future expansion.
- Transmission Lines transect the project area with confirmed availability for expansion.
- Potential Phase II and Phase III are in planning and development stages.
Glen Dhu I Construction 2010 - 2011
- Glen Dhu Construction Photos
- Shear Wind Newsletters
- Glen Dhu I Q&A
- Glen Dhu I Fact Sheet
- Glen Dhu I Team
Glen Dhu Wind Farm Opening Celebration: May 9, 2011
Please click on the link below to view the Glen Dhu Video which was shown for the first time at the Opening Celebration at the Glen Dhu site on May 9, 2011. > Read Complete Press Release
|View Detailed Stock Information|
Shear Wind News
Shear Wind Announces Agreement for Acquisition by Sprott Power
August 8, 2012
> Read Complete Press Release
Shear Wind Receives Order to Extend Annual General Meeting Date
May 24, 2012
Shear Wind Announces Approval on Environmental Assessment of Willowridge Alberta
April 11, 2012
Shear Wind Announces Approval on Environmental Assessment of Glen Dhu South
March 21, 2012